Terms & Conditions
Jyväskylän Keskustan Kirppis Oy
Vapaudenkatu 40-42, 40100 Jyväskylä
Jyväskylän Keskustan Kirppis Oy pidättää oikeuden muutoksiin.
TABLE RENT AS A SELF-SERVICE
Booking a table
Make the booking through our Kirppari-Kalle online booking system or visit the counter in our store. The table reservation must be paid at the time of booking. The flea market charges a 5 % sales commission.
You can rent one table for the maximum of 8 weeks (56 days). Our store is located in:
Booking a table through Kirppari-Kalle online:
1. Register / Sign in
2. Book a table and make a payment online (and remember to add your Finnish bank account number to your account information ("Omat tiedot --> Tilinumero")
3. Write the price tags online on your Kirppari-Kalle account ("Tuotteiden hinnoittelu") and come to the store to get them printed
After the booking and pricing:
4. Bring your products to the flea market, when your rent starts
5. Keep an eye on your sales through your Kirppari-Kalle account ("Myynnin seuranta")
6. Empty your table when your table rent ends
7. We will transfer your sales to your bank account
The table rent includes 1 x 30 pcs of price tag sheets per week. For example, if you have rented a table for 4 weeks, you'll get 4 sheets of price tags for free. Extra sheets are 0,60 € / sheet.
Continue, move or cancel table rent
If you'd like to continue your table rent for another week, you can do that anytime on your Kirppari-Kalle -account, providing that the table is available. If you'd like to add 1-6 days to your table rent (check Pricing), you can do that through Kirppari-Kalle -booking system ONLY if there are less than 7 days available between two existing bookings. In other case, please contact the staff or pay a visit to the store's checkout counter. firstname.lastname@example.org If you'd like to move the table reservation to another time: Inform the staff before the selling period starts: email@example.com , by phone or at the checkout counter. The amount you paid will "stay in" and there won't be any extra costs.
Cancel table rent 48 hours before the selling period starts. by email: firstname.lastname@example.org , by phone or by paying a visit to the store's checkout counter. The selling period starts always on the first day of the selling period at 11:00 (no matter the opening hours).
If you don't cancel the table rent on time, Keskustan Kirppis has the right to charge one (1) week's table rent. If you paid for more weeks, we will return the rest.
Price tags and pricing
You should use ONLY the bar-coded price tags created by the Kirppari-Kalle -booking system. You cannot create your own price tags, for every item should have the bar code.
Unfortunately the Kirppari-Kalle system doesn't have an English version, but we'll try our best to guide you to how to write out the prices in the system:
1. We recommend to fill in your price tags on your Kirppari-Kalle -account. Go to "Tuotteiden hinnoittelu" --> Create a tag sheet from "Luo uusi tarra-arkki" --> Click "Hinnoittele" --> List your items' names and prices on the blank spaces. When you're done, roll down and hit "Tallenna" (Save). Now your items are in our system, and you can some pick up your price tag sheets from the flea market. After that, attach the price tags to your items.
Filling the item information online in Kirppari-Kalle -system you can easily keep track on your sales. It's also easier to track down any missing items. You'll also reduce the possibility of human error, since the cashier doesn't have to interpret your handwriting.
2. Alternatively you can pick up blank price tag sheets from the flea market's cash register, and fill in the price tags by handwriting them. You'll still be able to view your sales, but only the product number and price.
Pay attention, that every price tag states the product name and price. We do not sell products, that are missing this information. We recommend to describe the products as detailed as possible. (In Kirppari-Kalle you can fit 30 characters, but you can elaborate by handwriting.)
– Tum sin verhot 2 m
– Pun tennarit koko 39
– Jokapoikapaita koko M
This method prevents crimes, like switching cheap-priced tags to an expensive product. Sizes and measurements helps the customers to buy your items and make you better profit!
Attach the price tags carefully, especially to clothes and fabrics, because the sticker doesn't hold on fabrics. We do not sell products without a price tag, instead they are taken to Lost & Found Room. Use safety pins, cardboard+threads, or stapler. Do not use sewing pins, since they are painful and inconvenient for staff, in fitting rooms and dog paws (we are an animal-friendly flea market).
You can see your sales in real-time on your Kirppari-Kalle account (left panel --> "Myynnin seuranta").
Setting up your table
You can bring your stuff for sale on:
- the night BEFORE the start of your selling period
- the first day of your selling period, anytime we're open
NOTE: Check when do you have to empty your table. It is NOT the same time as when you bring it in.
We are open:
MON-FRI 11:00 - 18:00
SAT 10:00 - 16:00
SUN 12:00 - 16:00
If you arrive by car, park your vehicle to Asema-aukio parking spot or Forum parking hall. You can borrow a shopping cart from our store for easier carry.
You can loan a shopping cart to ease carrying your stuff. You don't need to bring any clothing hangers (unless you'd like to donate us some). We will not store customers' own hangers.
During the selling period
The sellers are responsible of the tidiness of their own table. We recommend to come and check and care for your table every day on the selling period, because the table will get messy and a tidy table will sell better. You can also purchase our Cleaning Service. Check
Your items must fit inside the table space, and they should not be placed on the floor as it disturbs everyday cleaning. If your items do not fit on the table, the staff may remove some items and take them to Lost & Found -room. We will store them until the end of the selling period.
The staff will take care of the flea market's general cleanliness.
Changing prices during the selling period
If you want to put all your items on the table for -50% discount, please tell the staff by phone or by visiting the cash register. We will activate the discount on your account and take the -50% -sign to your table.
NOTE: We do not take requests by email. We generally reply to emails within 2 business days.
If you want to change the price of only a few items on your table, switch the price tag to a new one. DO NOT change the price with a pen, since the staff cannot know, was it you who changed the price or someone totally else. This is why we don't sell products, where the price has been changed with a pen..
Emptying the table
Your table should be emptied on the last day of your selling period by 1 hour before closing.
The staff will check the items before you leave the store. When you have emptied your table, please proceed to the cash register and show your bags to the staff.
We are open:
Mon-Fri 11:00 - 18:00 (table should be empty by 17:00)
Sat 10:00 - 16:00 (table should be empty by 15:00)
Sun 12:00 - 16:00 (table should be empty by 15:00)
We can empty your table for you! Check the pricing. The Table Emptying Service means, that the staff will empty your table at the end of your selling period, and you can pick up your stuff from Keskustan Kirppis the next day. Order the Table Emptying Service by calling to our customer service number at least 1 day before the end of the selling period.
If your table has not been emptied by the deadline, and you have not ordered the Table Emptying Service on time, Keskustan Kirppis will charge you for rush emptying. We will store the items of emptied tables for 3 days.
Items that you SHOULD NOT sell on our flea market: Foodstuff / Pirated products / Sharp objects like knives, saws, scissors, weapons / Tobacco, alcohol, drugs / Medicine / Toxic or flammable substances / Adult Entertainment / Dirty, moisture damaged or strongly smelling products / Used swimwear or underwear. If they have store price tags still attached, it's concidered unused.
The staff will remove any prohibited items from sale immediately. If any prohibited items cause personal injuries or damage to property, the table rentee is liable of the damages.
You will receive the profits to your own Finnish IBAN bank account (FIXX XXXX XXXX XXXX). Keskustan Kirppis does not do cash handouts, since we have made a decision not to store large amounts of cash in our store. This also helps us to keep all our customers' money safe.
Keskustan Kirppis will collect a 5 % sales commission from the sellers' profits. The report is shown on the seller's Kirppari-Kalle account in "Myynnin seuranta".
The staff does bank transfers Mon-Fri. Depending on your bank it will take 1-5 business days to reach your account. Make sure you add your bank account number on your Kirppari-Kalle -account on "Omat tiedot" --> "Tilinumero" before you selling period ends, so there won't be any delays. If you haven't received your profit money on time, please contact us by email: email@example.com , and we will see what's the problem.
We do additional transfers by request. If your selling period lasts more than 1 week, you can request additional transfers to enjoy your profits a bit faster. Make a request by informing our staff, and we will make the bank transfer on the next business day.
After your selling period, if you accidentally left some of your items in the flea market and somebody buys them within 7 days, we will do an additional bank transfer to send you the last bits of sales. . After 7 days the selling information will not be visible anymore. You can request for a report of your sales by sending us email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Missing items and thefts
If you notice something missing from your table and it hasn't been sold (see Kirppari-Kalle -account under "Myynnin seuranta"), make sure you go around the flea market to see if someone has placed it in the wrong table. Also check the Lost & Found -room, in case the staff has placed it there as it might be missing its price tag. We do not sell items that don't have a price tag.
We store Lost & Found items for 7 days .Please check the Lost & Found -room frequently, since the staff adds stuff there every day. After 7 days the items will be property of Keskustan Kirppis.
The flea market is secured by a recording camera surveillance system and alarm gates, to prevent thefts. You can rent alarm tags on your products from the cash register (see "Pricing").
Keskustan Kirppis is not responsible for lost, broken or stolen products, even though the staff does their best to prevent such mishaps. Keskustan Kirppis is not responsible for any product damages or perishing due to vandalism, burglary, fire, water damage, or any reasons beyond its control.
SALES GUARANTEE (only applies to self-service tables)
Keskustan Kirppis offers a full Sales Guarantee to sellers. If your sales don't cover the cost of the table rent, we'll pay the difference! You don't have to tell us to "activate" the Sales Guarantee - if the terms apply, you'll always be eligible for refund.
The Sales Guarantee applies to all self-service tables starting since 23.5.2019. Sales Guarantee does not apply to showcase products or the Easy-service tables. The sales commission is not part of the table rent, therefore it does not included in these terms. You can get a refund for 4 weeks maximum, if your costs exceed your sales from the whole selling period.
The purpose of Sales Guarantee is to create security to sellers, so that no one ends up in the negative.
Example 1: If your table rent covers the 1. week's rent, but not the 2. week's rent, you will be refunded one week's rent.
Example 2: If your sales cover the costs of two weeks' rent on the first week, but on the second week your sales drop to zero, you won't be refunded because your sales have covered the table rents.
2. The seller fills in the price tags on Kirppari-Kalle account. The precondition is that the staff will be able to examine the sold products afterwards. If the price tags are filled by handwriting, the Sales Guarantee does not apply.
2. The seller sells products that are in shape and intact, If the staff finds that the seller purposely sells products that are in poor condition, the Sales Guarantee does not apply.
3. The seller keeps the table in good organization and not too full to maximize profits. If the staff finds that the seller purposely keeps the table unorganized or too full, so that the profits stay low, the Sales Guarantee does not apply.
4. The seller renews their table's supply in long-lasting renting periods. If the staff finds that the seller purposely keeps the same products on the table (that have not been sold in previous selling periods), the Sales Guarantee does not apply.
5. The seller puts up prices that are "flea market" -level. If the staff finds that the seller purposely puts up prices that are significantly lower or higher than usually on flea markets so that the profits stay low, the Sales Guarantee does not apply.
6. The seller keeps their products on the table for the whole selling period. If the staff finds that the seller does not bring their products on sale AND does not cancel the table rent within the required time, the Sales Guarantee does not apply. If the staff finds that the seller takes their products off the table before the last day of the selling period, the Sales Guarantee does not apply.
7. The seller's profit does not cover the table rent(s). If the seller has rented multiple tables or has consecutive selling periods in different tables: If all the profits are bigger than the costs of all the table rents, the Sales Guarantee does not apply. The rule of thumb is, that if the profits are bigger than table rents, you are well in the positive, so the Sales Guarantee does not apply.. The sales commission is not part of the table rent, therefore it doesn't affect the calculations.
8. The seller follows the rules and recommendations of the flea market, and does not cause harm or annoyance to other flea market sellers.
If all the conditions are fulfilled and still the seller's profits don't cover the costs of the table rent(s), Keskustan Kirppis will refund the table rent(s). All profits will always be transferred to the sellers account, so you will always end up in the positive!
Ask for the Sales Guarantee after your selling period from: email@example.com and use the topic "Tuottotakuun hyvitys/Sales Guarantee". The staff will process the request and will give you their statement on whether you will be refunded or not. The refund can be done only on the seller's bank account - not by cash. Please provide your bank account number via email or Kirppari-Kalle -account ("Omat tiedot" --> "Tilinumero").
MAKSUT VISA, VISA ELECTRON TAI MASTERCARD-KORTEILLA
Maksunvälityspalvelun toteuttajana ja maksupalveluntarjoajana toimii Paytrail Oyj (2122839-7) yhteistyössä suomalaisten pankkien ja luottolaitosten kanssa. Visa, Visa Electron tai MasterCard-korteilla tehtävissä maksuissa Paytrail Oyj näkyy maksun saajana korttilaskulla ja välittää maksun kauppiaalle. Paytrail Oyj:llä on maksulaitoksen toimilupa.
Paytrail Oyj, y-tunnus: 2122839-7
Puhelin: 0207 181830
Verkkopankkimaksamiseen liittyvän maksunvälityspalvelun toteuttaa Paytrail Oyj (2122839-7) yhteistyössä suomalaisten pankkien ja luottolaitosten kanssa. Käyttäjän kannalta palvelu toimii aivan kuten perinteinen verkkomaksaminenkin.